Victoria will ease its mask rules from 11:59pm this Friday, with masks no longer needed in most indoor settings.
Masks will still be required in a number of settings, including…
- People on public transport, in taxis and rideshare, on planes, and indoors at an airport
- People working or visiting hospitals, and indoor areas at care facilities
- Workers in hospitality, retail and the court system
- Workers at justice and correctional facilities
- Students in year 3 or above at primary school, and workers at early childhood centers and primary schools (masks can be removed in secondary school)
- People working indoors at an event with more than 30,000 people attending
- In special circumstances, such as if you have COVID-19 or are a close contact and you’re leaving home
The public health recommendation for Victorians to study or work from home will also be removed.