Victoria has recorded seven new local COVID-19 cases, linked to removalists who travelled to the state from Sydney, and a family who recently returned from New South Wales.
Four positive cases have been identified at the Ariele apartment complex, which was visited by the removalists on July 8.
One of those is a man aged in his 60s, whose parents in Craigieburn have also tested positive.
Three people living in one household are the other positive cases at the Ariele apartments.
The AFL game between Carlton and Geelong at the MCG on July 10 has been listed as an exposure site.
The seven new cases announced today will be officially reported tomorrow.
They are in addition to one new locally acquired recorded yesterday and announced in today’s numbers — a member of a Craigieburn family in which three members had already tested positive.
There were 33,037 test results received yesterday, and 14,989 doses of vaccine were administered at state-run sites.
Last night, a service station and fast food outlet at Kalkallo on the Hume Highway, north of Melbourne, were added to the list of exposure sites.
The removalists, who tested positive in New South Wales after returning from Victoria last week, stopped at the Caltex service station at Kalkallo and purchased food at the Hungry Jack’s outlet at the venue on July 8.
Yesterday, Victoria’s COVID-19 response commander Jeroen Weimar said conversations with the removalists remained “challenging and complex”, adding they were not being as forthcoming as he would have hoped.
“We always say in every contact tracing interview we do, fulsome early information helps us move really, really quickly. That is not the case in this instance,” he said.